Thursday, February 24, 2011

Favorite Munchies in SLO

San Luis Obispo in California is known as being a huge "college town." It is located about halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. They have a really cute downtown with many boutiques, bars, wineries, and most importantly, restaurants! Everything is pretty much walking distance or within a few miles driving distance. Here are some of my favorites from SLO:

Clam Chowder from Splash Cafe - daily special bread bowls of the day - unfortunately, they were out already at 7:30pm!

Tri Tip Sandwich from Firestone Grill - long line during prime time but so worth the wait!

Crab Cakes from Steamers in Pismo Beach - also, very good "award-winning" clam chowder. However, service is horrible here so I wouldn't recommend it even though the food was pretty good.

Rasberry Salad from Nucci's - delicious thin crust pizza too.


And last but not least...
Bubblegum from Bubblegum Alley - just joking!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you hit all the must haves with Splash and Firestones. I wish I would've asked you to bring me back a tri-tip sandwich or two.

    I bet my bubble gum graffiti is still in the alley. It would've been about 10 feet above your head, a blue number "89" for our orientation group back many many years ago.

    ReplyDelete