Thursday, February 3, 2011

nooodles = looooong life

Today is Chinese New Year and eating noodles is very important to eat on this day to signify long life.

Ramen is one of my favorite type of noodles. People call me the "ramen nazi." What I look for in a good ramen is based on this order: broth, noodles, pork, toppings (egg, garlic, etc). There are many different types of ramen, which I believe are called based on what location it was originated in Japan. My favorite style is Hakata, or tonkotsu, which comes with a white creamy pork flavored broth and thin white noodles.

My dream would be to take a little bit of what's best from different ramen shops to make the perfect ramen bowl. For example, my favorite broth is from Orenchi in Santa Clara, noodle from Santouka in San Jose or Hakata Ramen in Gardena, and pork from Yotteko-Ya in Honolulu.

Hakata Ramen

Orenchi

Santouka

No comments:

Post a Comment