Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irving & 9th

One of my favorite streets in San Francisco is Irving & 9th in the Inner Sunset district because THREE of my favorite restaurants are there...on the same block! I never know which restaurant to go to because they are all so good, but yet so different from each other!

1) Ebisu is my go-to sushi place in the city. All of the fish are fresh & the service is very good. The workers are Japanese, including the sushi chefs. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar so you can get one-on-one service from the chefs. I always go to Tommy- he is so nice! They have traditional Japanese food and also creative Americanized rolls to share. In the past 8 years, I have never tried anything I didn't like here.





Ebisu is where I had my first "bakudan" roll (aka uni/ikura)

2) Marnee Thai (also mentioned here) has the best Thai food in the city. The chan pad poo, garlic basa, and pad see ew are my favorites. The owner, Marnee, is also a fortune-teller and if you're lucky (or un-lucky for that matter), she will come up to your table & give you a reading.


chan pad poo - pad thai with dungenous crab

3) Park Chow is a simple, casual American restaurant that has a to-die-for dinner pot roast! It's so tender, fatty, fall-off-the bone good! Whenever I have out of town guests, I take them here & they are always more than satisfied. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Can't get enough of this pot roast!
So if you are contemplating where to eat tonight, just get yourself over to Irving & 9th where you have many options to choose from. And if you don't know which one to pick, go to all 3 & get a little bit of somethin' somethin' from each one ;)

1 comment:

  1. Never tried Ebisu which clearly was a mistake; liked Marnee Thai the once time I went; perhaps I should have given Park Chow another chance because that pot roast does look good. I wasn't too impressed with their breakfast though.

    ReplyDelete